Impeachment won't remove a sitting president? (Page 4)
Good post John.
I also think we will learn what happened on the PHX tarmac with Obama's AG Loreta and Bill Clinton a few days before FBI Dir Comey let her off the hook.
We might even learn where Obama was during the Benghazi debacle and the immediate aftermath of collusion by Susan Rice on the Sunday morning shows and why she recently said the information she stated was from the CIA Bennan.
We also might learn about the 30,000 deleted e-mails.
We will definitely learn about any traitors that supported the political coup.
Has Nancy released the Impeachment to the Senate yet? Your thoughts about that would be interesting.
theHating: Seems like nancy was playing right into trumps hands, i wonder why republicans pushed so hard against the senate hearing if they, as you claim, know it would "make minorities vote for trump".
Seems like a good way to drain the swamp and yet he fought so hard against it. Why not welcome the opportunity?
Sir Loin: I don't understand. He broke the law so why isn't he in jail?
Couldn't happen anywhere but USA
KeithJ: besides name calling a war hero John McCain even after he died and now suggesting a WW2 war hero and congressman who died last fall 2018 , Mr Bone spurs Dump who "didn't have enough money to fix and serve himself in 4 or 5 months in time at the time , suggested John Dingell was "looking up" from hell
what sick bastard and joke of a president ,,
Sir Loin said:
I don't understand. He broke the law so why isn't he in jail?
Perfect question. What law did he break? If he did break a law, why didn't the House get a Grand Jury to indict him?
Reason? No law was broken.
That is why Nancy Pelosi is sitting on the impeachment without sending it to the Senate.
This is what she feared might happen if Schiff or Nadler did not uncover a crime.
They told her that Trump broke the law and she said well ok, then, let's get on with it.
However, she got snookered by Schiff and Nadler. No crime. She is so fucked right now.
So, Trump is calling her bluff and demanding her to send the articles of impeachment to the senate. She can't. She is sooooooo screwwwwwwwwwwed.
However, during the Senate trial, and this is what no one is thinking about right now, the President's attorneys will have the right to subpoena and question ANYONE THEY WANT.
That is different than the special counsel investigation, which was very one-sided. So, during the Senate impeachment trial, we will be hearing testimony from:
....and a whole host of other participants in this whole sordid affair and the ensuing cover-up activities.
A lot of dirt will be dug up; a lot of truth will be unveiled. Finger-pointing will occur. Deals will start being made, and suddenly, a lot of Democrats will start being charged and going to prison.
All this, because, remember, the President's team will now, for the first time, have the RIGHT to question all of these people under oath – and they will turn on each other. That is already starting.
Sir Loin: So if he didn't break the law why has he been impeached? You can't impeach someone for being a childish prick, surely?
davidk1: Sir Loin, my dad was a violinist in the San Francisco Symphony and in the '60's he was offered to try out in the New Zealand Symphony. But mom was very hesitant to leave family and friends. We all had gotten our Passports ready just in case anyway. The US was in such turmoil in the '60's as it was that dad wanted to have a back-up plan as well. Mom was still hesitant and we did not move.
Sir Loin: yeah, sometimes wives get referred to as the ball and chain because they hold their husbands back. My ex stopped me getting some great jobs on sub antarctic islands coz she didn't want to get cold
Sir Loin: I'm always impressed by someone with serious musical ability, being totally tone deaf myself
We lived in an apartment on the corner of two streets in San Francisco in the 1960's. All of our windows faced the street. When the weather was nice, the windows were open. Dad was always practicing, hours every day. A perfectionist. Playing over and over the same bars, over and over. However, he did play complete music as well. My mother was an accomplished pianist as well.
I loved when he and she would play Frédéric François Chopin who was a Polish composer and virtuoso pianist of the Romantic era who wrote primarily for solo piano.
He would accompany her.
Folks walking by on the street would gather below the living room windows listening to them. There were times I had had enough and had to go out and play and have to make my way through the crowd thinking that they should have to listen to him practice all the time.
Good memories now, over half a century ago now.
He used to do recitals as well. My memories of him at Friday night services were wonderful. I had sort of a celebrity as a father.
davidk1: Keith said:
AND people FORGOT the lessons of the 1960s and we have a dufuss for a president
JFK was a Duffus? RFK was a Duffus? MLK was a Dufus? OK, LBJ was a Dufuss I admit. Trump is not a Dufus. He is rough around the edges, but he has done some great things such as:
1. Almost 7 million jobs created since election.
2. More Americans are now employed than ever recorded before in our history.
3. Has created more than 400,000+ manufacturing jobs since election.
4. Manufacturing jobs growing at the fastest rate in more than THREE DECADES.
5. Economic growth 4.2 percent.
6. New unemployment claims recently hit a 49-year low.
7. Median household income has hit highest level ever recorded.
8. African-American unemployment has achieved the lowest rate ever recorded.
9. Hispanic-American unemployment is at the lowest rate ever recorded.
10. Asian-American unemployment recently achieved the lowest rate ever recorded.
11. Women’s unemployment recently reached the lowest rate in 65 years.
12. Youth unemployment has recently hit the lowest rate in nearly half a century.
13. Lowest unemployment rate ever recorded for Americans without a high school diploma.
14. Veterans’ unemployment recently reached its lowest rate in nearly 20 years.
15. More than 4+ million Americans have been lifted off food stamps since the election.
16. The Pledge to America’s Workers has resulted in employers committing to train more than 4 million Americans, committed to VOCATIONAL education.
17. 95 percent of U.S. manufacturers are optimistic about the future—the highest ever.
18. Retail sales surged last month, up another 6 percent over last year.
19. Signed the biggest package of tax cuts and reforms in history. After tax cuts, over $300 billion poured back in to the U.S. in the first quarter alone.
20. As a result of the tax bill, small businesses will have the lowest top marginal tax rate in more than 80 years.
21. Helped win U.S. bid for the 2028 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles.
22. Helped win U.S.-Mexico-Canada’s united bid for 2026 World Cup.
23. Opened ANWR and approved Keystone XL and Dakota Access Pipelines.
24. Record number of regulations eliminated.
25. Enacted regulatory relief for community banks and credit unions.
26. Obamacare individual mandate penalty GONE.
27. Trump Administration is providing more affordable healthcare options for Americans through association health plans and short-term duration plans.
28. FDA approved more affordable generic drugs than ever before in history. Many drug companies are freezing or reversing planned price increases.
29. Reformed the Medicare program to stop hospitals from overcharging low-income seniors on their drugs—saving seniors hundreds of millions of dollars this year alone.
30. Signed Right-To-Try legislation.
31. Secured $6 billion in NEW funding to fight the opioid epidemic.
32. Reduced high-dose opioid prescriptions by 16 percent during my first year in office.
33. Signed VA Choice Act and VA Accountability Act, expanded VA telehealth services, walk-in-clinics, and same-day urgent primary and mental health care.
34. Increased our coal exports by 60 percent; U.S. oil production recently reached all-time high.
35. United States is a net natural gas exporter for the first time since 1957.
36. Withdrew the United States from the job-killing Paris Climate Accord.
37. Cancelled the illegal, anti-coal, so-called Clean Power Plan.
38. Secured record $700+ billion in military funding
39. NATO allies are spending $$$ Billions more on defense since 2016.
40. Process has begun to make the Space Force the 6th branch of the Armed Forces.
41. Confirmed more circuit court judges than any other new administration.
42. Confirmed Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch and nominated Judge Brett Kavanaugh.
43. Withdrew from the horrible, one-sided Iran Deal.
44. Moved U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem.
45. Protecting Americans from terrorists with the Travel Ban, upheld by Supreme Court.
46. Issued Executive Order to keep open Guantanamo Bay.
47. Concluded a historic U.S.-Mexico Trade Deal to replace NAFTA. And negotiations with Canada are underway as we speak.
48. Reached a breakthrough agreement with the E.U. to increase U.S. exports.
49. Imposed tariffs on foreign steel and aluminum to protect our national security.
50. Imposed tariffs on China in response to China’s forced technology transfer, intellectual property theft, and their chronically abusive trade practices.
51. Net exports are on track to increase by $59+ billion this year.
52. Improved vetting and screening for refugees, and switched focus to overseas resettlement.
53. BUILDING THE WALL. Republicans want STRONG BORDERS and NO CRIME. Democrats want OPEN BORDERS which equals MASSIVE CRIME.
Sir Loin: Not sure I agree with all that David. Trade tariffs are counterproductive to increasing exports and the global economy is improving significantly in most countries
In reading your comments, I might agree. However, right now, it's all about America first. This is what Trump won on. Obama was giving away the farm. Our debt went up horribly in those 8 years.
We have been the $$$ bank, the police, the street sweeper of the world, wars everywhere, costing horrible human sacrifices and draining the treasury of $$$Trillions for too long and our economy is teetering on the edge. Right now, the US has to pay attention to what's happening here at home. Here is a website for you to look at, I think there is a worldwide website as well but this one is from the official US Treasury website. Take a look at the debt, the payment on the debt and the unfunded liabilities we have to deal with. China has taken trillions out of our economy because of our trade practices and it had to stop, NATO also was costing huge amounts and that is why Trump went after them.
Here is the website...