weight loss (Page 3)
DefyGravity15: anyone want to be an online weight loss buddy with me? I find it's easier to stay on track when I have someone to talk with about it
Send me a message if you're interested
genuinely_me: I'm a Psychology major and we just got done with why people can't control their eating habits. Environmental factors are stronger than our internal factors and are a lot more effective at getting our attention and making us eat rather than our body telling us that we are not actually hungry. I won't go into detail on the specific body and brain functions to make us want to eat, but what I can tell you is that it is true, we do eat with our eyes. My knowledge is: us smaller plates, make food less available to eat, make sure you're not cold and stay in a well lit room while eating. These are just some environmental factors you can control. If you want more information on how our bodies work and why we fail when it comes to eating even when we are not hungry, message me. But try this for now.
Gracimo: if you want to try to lose weight i have an idea. It's not a fad, a simple over-night solution, a diet, not even a vigorous exercise regime.
all you have to do:
1. look through all your cupboards and find the things that you really love, but know are really unhealthy.Check the labels and see if they have more then 5g of fat,(if you've got a lot of weight to lose, find one's with more than 3g of fat) or more than 5g of sodium carbonate(salt) or sugar. If they do, take them out of the cupboard and put them on your kitchen bench.
2. Go through your cupboards, draws, fridge and freezer and find as many healthy things as you can. Take them all out and put them in another place on your kitchen bench.
3. Now look around your kitchen. try and find the food storage place that's the hardest to access. e.g. really high cupboard. then find the place that's easiest to access, e.g. an eye-level draw. empty them both out, and put the healthy foods in the easy to access place, and the unhealthy foods somewhere REALLY hard to access.
4. Go to the super market and find some foods that are healthy, including fresh fruits and vegies that you've never tried.
5. Try out all the health foods you bought and see which ones you like the best or really enjoy and could substitute an unhealthy snack.
6. Stop thinking of the unhealthy foods you put away as 'naughty' or 'bad' foods. This will just make you crave them and end up breaking into your unhealthy cupboard and eating everything in it.
7. Think of all the reasons you like to eat- are you actually hungry, or are you bored, tired, emotional, do you just know you've got something WAITING to be eaten, do you eat as a personal reward, or do you just not have enough time to get anything better.
8. Work out how you could stop yourself from eating for these reasons. Maybe you could call a friend to fight boredom, lie down and sleep or read, go for a walk, give the unhealthy food you rally want to open to a friend to eat instead, reward yourself by doing something you enjoy or schedule some time into your day just to cook a nice healthy dinner.
9. Get an incentive to go exercise. This may be jog to the shops that you want to buy something at, walk to a friends house, take your dog to a park, buy a new ipod or loads of new songs and do some chin-ups at the park.
10. Have fun! make it a gradual change, not cold turkey on all your favourite unhealthy ways. Message me if you want any extra advice!
(Edited by Gracimo)
memberX: once upon a time, I was spending too much time on internet without sex...and I became fat...fat fat...then...i started having sex...sex...sex..almost every day...and I lost a lot of weight...
zxy8: If you want to lose weight - you HAVE to get your diet right. You don't even need to exercise, just get your diet right. Exercise helps HEAPS, but if you get your diet right, then the weight will come off. Eat minimal calories - less than 1200 calories, maybe 1000 or less. I'd stay with less than 1000 and eat healthy food. Also exercise.
If you need motivation - just think of what you would prefer, having extra weight, or being skinny.
And I study this stuff, so yeah I know what I'm talking about
(Edited by zxy8)
D3ZR: Its possible to lose weight eating whatever you want but you must be in a calorie deficit along with a solid exercise plan. Goodluck.
Azimuth_Predator: motivation is the no1 aspect i guess....
Just ask your self what do you love doing when it comes to moving your body? is it dancing? team sports? solo sports? What ever it is just do it now!
Make Water your best amigo...when you feel thirsty just drink water and combine it with your food to. "No more sodas like coca cola" an shit(only once in a while)
As for food try eating some serial in the morning with 1,5% milk.Have some fruit like Bananas,Apples, Kiwi fruit which are nice and sweet.
As for lunch why don"t you try spreading some avocado on your bread?
Eat some nice salads like Lettuce,Tomatos ext. and if you want to combine it with meat then eat some Tuna.
What about lentils? Green beens? Lots of healthy food if you search. And you can also eat your pizzas and steaks 1-2 times per week(not more)
If you combine activities with the diet i promise you that your body will transform in 6-9 months depending on your metabolism.
Now stop thinking about it and get to work!! If i can do it then you can do it!
Tillysoder: This is NOT a healthy diet, but instead of lunch I sometimes have a cup of coffie! Otherwise, eat less execise more! If you exercise a lot you can still have those treats!
Not actually true Soder... You need a lot of supplements to keep going and be healthy. You are talking about looking good. Coffee and treats are not the way to live your life. you can have them but not just feed on them.
What about the vitamins, and the calcium?
We need those to have better results in anything we do in daily basis. Stamina mostly(tired during work,not being able to do activities ext)
I don"t need coffee for example. In the morning i eat a bowl of serial, a banana and 2 bread loafs with butter and honey.
That kicks in pretty well and its 100% healthy and legit and tasty as well.
(Edited by Azimuth_Predator)
kat82: Whenever you want something sweet eat a spoon of honey, have your chocolate once or twice per week (black chocolate is very healthy), but stay away from the junk food. About working out there's no need to tell you that you have to sweat a lot to loose fat and as time goes by your metabolism will be faster and you will burn calories faster. Do not have any silly diets that magazines and friends suggest, if you want to know details of what to eat, go to a dietitian.
(Edited by kat82)
kat82: Yap! You destroy your metabolism, so through the years you will burn less if you continue doing that...
Benignant: Damn, why I can't see someone who would talk REAL things? Fat is not going to burn by itself. You need to do a lot of cardio ! Which is like jogging for at least 20 minutes every god damn day and keep your hear rate 140 beats per minute (depends on your age, check it in Google for your rates). "Diet" is not really a "MUST", but what is a "MUST" is that you consume less calories than you burn. Which means it would be AWESOME if you eat 5 times a day, less than 150 calories each, it's about 750 calories per day. If you do 2 hours jogging (like I do), you'll be losing your weight very fast.
Remember: Sprint run is NOT good for those who have weak heart. It's a LITTLE bit more productive than jogging. Doesn't worth it
Don't believe those retards who tell you BUY THIS, DON'T EAT THIS, DIE OF HUNGER... That's bullshit ! All you need is what I told you above and that's why I look damn good.
Azimuth_Predator: Dude i do a lot of cardio too(MMA-BJJ) but i don think people in here are willing to push the pace that much.
So more simple advice will motivate them cause what you are saying(2 hours) looks like Olympic level triathlon to them lol.
They can do more simple stuff in order to change their heart rate. Like intense 10 minute or 20 minute work outs.
And yes it obvious they have to eat less calories if they don't burn as much as they eat.
I gave a good diet advice which is very affective. They just have to combine it with some activities. 2 hour running sessions are not necessary for beginners lol
(Edited by Azimuth_Predator)
Wireclub is a social network that is all about chat and conversations. Discover endless topics with interesting people and chat rooms!
Copyright © 2005-2013 Wireclub Media Inc.